- 12 ounces regular or whole-wheat rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.